drank Bangkok Lemongrass by Teavana

My package of teas from my trade with Lori came yesterday and I was determined to try this one. The smell in the package was a creamy lemon, like a lemon tart, and the steeped liquor was the same as well as being the color of lemon meringue. The taste was definitely lemon and cream with a faint note of something fruity in the background…perhaps from the rooibos.

This tea is so naturally sweet I could probably get used to drinking it without sugar which, for me, is saying quite a lot. I probably wouldn’t drink this often but it would be a great occasional afternoon tea on a rainy day in the summer.

I prefer loose-leaf teas but I do like to keep some tea bags around for travel. I prefer black teas (especially Yunnans), dark oolongs, and pu’erh. My #1 favorite is Jasmine Golden Yunnan from thepuriTea.com.

Most used pots:

12oz blue tetsubin (1.75-2.0 grams of leaf. teas steeped in this get a spoon-full of sugar)

10oz green tetsubin (1.55-1.65 grams of leaf. teas steeped in this get less than a spoon-full of sugar)

5oz gaiwan (4.0-4.15 grams of leaf. no sugar)

4oz gaiwan (2.5-3 grams of leaf. no sugar)

Bar Harbor, Maine, United States