Many thanks to Doulton for sending a couple sachets of this along with the Dragon Balls! Since I don’t have a glass teapot yet (it’s on it’s way!) I decided to try this and hold off on the DB until I can have the full experience.

I love the bright, fiery amber of the liquor. It definitely matches the spicy smell of the dry leaf as well as that of the liquor itself. Like fireball candies. The taste isn’t as strong as the smell though unfortunately. It’s spicy, but sweet at the same time and not as full bodied as I’d expected from the smell. Perhaps if I’d used both bags with that 17oz pot…I’ll just have to use a mug for the other one and see how that goes.

I prefer loose-leaf teas but I do like to keep some tea bags around for travel. I prefer black teas (especially Yunnans), dark oolongs, and pu’erh. My #1 favorite is Jasmine Golden Yunnan from thepuriTea.com.

Most used pots:

12oz blue tetsubin (1.75-2.0 grams of leaf. teas steeped in this get a spoon-full of sugar)

10oz green tetsubin (1.55-1.65 grams of leaf. teas steeped in this get less than a spoon-full of sugar)

5oz gaiwan (4.0-4.15 grams of leaf. no sugar)

4oz gaiwan (2.5-3 grams of leaf. no sugar)

Bar Harbor, Maine, United States