On my way home from my new job I stopped by the Bar Harbor Tea Company shop (it’s just a few doors down from the gallery I’m working at) to pick up a new tin of this since I finished up the old tin a couple weeks ago just before they re-opened. This is what I used when I gave my son his first taste of tea. Yes, I gave caffeine to a three year old, no, he wasn’t bouncing off the walls afterward, yes, he absolutely loved it. And he still loves it, had some with me this morning.

As the description says, it’s not super chocolaty, but you can definitely taste the chocolate. It, and the black tea, is more of a back-up singer to the lovely duet of the cinnamon and cardamom. I also usually add cloves to this but decided to go without for the purposes of the review…I’ll definitely be adding them next time though. I need cloves in my chai.

I prefer loose-leaf teas but I do like to keep some tea bags around for travel. I prefer black teas (especially Yunnans), dark oolongs, and pu’erh. My #1 favorite is Jasmine Golden Yunnan from thepuriTea.com.

Most used pots:

12oz blue tetsubin (1.75-2.0 grams of leaf. teas steeped in this get a spoon-full of sugar)

10oz green tetsubin (1.55-1.65 grams of leaf. teas steeped in this get less than a spoon-full of sugar)

5oz gaiwan (4.0-4.15 grams of leaf. no sugar)

4oz gaiwan (2.5-3 grams of leaf. no sugar)

Bar Harbor, Maine, United States