drank Lilac Pearl by Custom

We have another winner here.

1st infusion: 3 1/4 minutes
The liquor of this is pale gold, though not as pale as the blend I did with the Long Jing. The flavor…exquisite. Soft jasmine melding seamlessly with delicate lilac. Like a chord played by a single instrument rather than a duet.

2nd infusion: 4 minutes
Contrary to expectations the color of the liquor this time is actually a BRIGHTER gold with faint green tones rather than the same or lighter. The flavor is the same floral melding as in the 1st infusion.

Mel

I LOVE lilac, and was looking for teas with it. This spring, I will attempt this. It seems to be tasty!

Comments

Mel

I prefer loose-leaf teas but I do like to keep some tea bags around for travel. I prefer black teas (especially Yunnans), dark oolongs, and pu’erh. My #1 favorite is Jasmine Golden Yunnan from thepuriTea.com.

Most used pots:

12oz blue tetsubin (1.75-2.0 grams of leaf. teas steeped in this get a spoon-full of sugar)

10oz green tetsubin (1.55-1.65 grams of leaf. teas steeped in this get less than a spoon-full of sugar)

5oz gaiwan (4.0-4.15 grams of leaf. no sugar)

4oz gaiwan (2.5-3 grams of leaf. no sugar)

Bar Harbor, Maine, United States