Beef Jerky!

That is totally what this tea reminds me of in both taste and fragrance. One of my friends describes Lapsang Souchons thusly: “Smells like beef jerky, tastes like tires.” I have to agree with the smell part but you know, I LIKE beef jerky. Quite a lot actually! My favorite is hickory smoked with teriyaki-glazed coming in close second.

TeaEqualsBliss

When I saw BEEF JERKY I thought you were playing along with our Song Challenge. YEARS ago I heard a rare B-Side Recording from John & Yoko called Beef Jerky! LOL – It was mostly instrumental and in the middle of the song they were chanting…BEEF JERKYBEEF JERKYBEEF JERKY.

Ironically, I think this is funny because John Lennon was a vegetarian and so am I yet he was singing about it and I got a chuckle out of it! LOL

Batrachoid

Is that the one that was wrapped in brown paper? I think we have that somewhere…

Comments

TeaEqualsBliss

Batrachoid

I prefer loose-leaf teas but I do like to keep some tea bags around for travel. I prefer black teas (especially Yunnans), dark oolongs, and pu’erh. My #1 favorite is Jasmine Golden Yunnan from thepuriTea.com.

Most used pots:

12oz blue tetsubin (1.75-2.0 grams of leaf. teas steeped in this get a spoon-full of sugar)

10oz green tetsubin (1.55-1.65 grams of leaf. teas steeped in this get less than a spoon-full of sugar)

5oz gaiwan (4.0-4.15 grams of leaf. no sugar)

4oz gaiwan (2.5-3 grams of leaf. no sugar)

Bar Harbor, Maine, United States