This tea actually tasted much better in my sample pouch. That was why I ordered 100g of this tea, but the floral and fruity qualities have quite diminished in this large portion. The leaves are tightly curled and they smell of smoke with a pinch of floral scent. The sample tea was actually pretty sweet, but that too has diminished. So after a first disappointment, right now I’m drinking this tea on the rocks and with honey and it is fine. It reminds me of the original taste. I have steeped 3 mins with 100 Celsius water and then poured it in a cup half-full of ice cubes and a small spoon of honey. Now it’s a dessert. It has the milky aroma, it’s not bitter, and it feels like honeydew on the palate. I shall continue experimenting with hot vs. cold steeping and brewing.

kOmpir

Mine has diminished a bit in flavor and fragrance as well. It was more enjoyable when I just got it some two months ago. BTW, how much leaf did you use? I used 3 grams (1 tsp) at first, and it was really good while it was fresh, but then I moved to minimum of 2 tsp according to instruction for the sake of tasting note the other day.

Comments

kOmpir

28-year old English teacher and linguist. Loving British literature and tea culture. Often perusing them together. Preferred teas: from oolongs through greens to whites. Appreciating “straight” teas, flirting with flavoured ones. In the process of mastering gongfu-style brewing. Preferring loose tea, but giving a chance to quality bagged tea. Favourite time for tea: early mornings, afterwork break, bedtime. Favourite food pairing: apples and nuts. Favourite teahouses: Teavivre and Butiki teas. Favourite tea (so far): Taiwan Jin Xuan Milk Oolong Tea (Teavivre).

Croatia