This was the last of my black tea samples from Upton. It brewed up strong yet it was not too bold. It was eye-opening and invigorating. As far as CTC teas go, this was a pleasant suprise. Rich and malty and very flavorful.

Jim Marks

CTC gets a bad rep because of tea bags.

When you learn the distinction between the assam sub-species of the plant compared to the Chinese sub-species, treating those leaves in the orthodox manner simply isn’t very practical.

K S

I sometimes hesitate to mention a tea is CTC because I know it immediately gets judged – often unfairly.

Jim Marks

Well let’s start to change that. I’ve already waged war on the shou-is-fake-pu-erh snobbery.

K S

Agreed. No prisoners… unless they have tea.

Comments

Jim Marks

CTC gets a bad rep because of tea bags.

K S

Agreed. No prisoners… unless they have tea.

I am an avid surfer, gardener, golfer and freespirit. I have been a tea drinker forever. Tea has provided me with contentment. I love White, Oolong, Green, Black and Pu’er. I do not care for flavored tea and nor will I comment on it.

Margate, New Jersey, USA