This is my morning-afternoon brew. I steeped this according to the directions which is 3-5 minutes. Normally my method of steeping all Pu-erhs is much shorter. I knew it would yield a very strong cup but I did it anyway. I could smell what I was in for as I poured it. Very strong earth with a touch of that fishy taste with a slight numbing that went away as the tea cooled. Cup #2, just as in my first review of this tea, has vastly improved. I think this is one of those Shus that needs the initial rinse. Other than that it is evolving into a very nice tea overall. A slight raising of the score….

TeaBrat

I almost always rinse mine initally, do you sometimes not?

Charles Thomas Draper

I never rinse. I may rethink that….

TeaBrat

The guy who works at the Aroma tea shop showed me how to make tea in a gaiwan, he rinses all of his teas. I have started doing it more recently.

Charles Thomas Draper

One of our friends here said it was a waste of good tea. After todays tea I’m wondering….

Comments

TeaBrat

I almost always rinse mine initally, do you sometimes not?

Charles Thomas Draper

I never rinse. I may rethink that….

Charles Thomas Draper

I am an avid surfer, gardener, golfer and freespirit. I have been a tea drinker forever. Tea has provided me with contentment. I love White, Oolong, Green, Black and Pu’er. I do not care for flavored tea and nor will I comment on it.

Margate, New Jersey, USA