I steeped this one four times today, and I find the flavour changes on each steep (but all four steeps were plenty flavourful)

Steep 1: Very minty, the mint overwhelms both the green tea and the spices. I love the mint!
Steep 2: Very balanced, the mint and spices compliment each other perfectly, i’m getting lots of pepper, ginger and cloves, mingling well with the remaining mint
Steep 3: the mint is largely gone, so the infusion becomes a spiced green tea which is delicious!
Steep 4: largely the same as steep three, a spiced green tea that has zing but is definately not too spicy to turn me off of this tea

If you are looking for a spiced mint or green tea, this is a great one to try. I find it to be very pleasing and it resteeps well!

Kittenna

Interesting. My roommate and I got some in the advent calendar and naturally I hated it, but we only tried one steep. I’d be curious to try the 3rd-4th steeps. How long/what temperature did you do them at?

Chellybean

About 85 degrees and for about 4 minutes, but I don’t really time or measure my temperatures…

Comments

Kittenna

Chellybean

4th year Commerce student at Queen’s University, interning on Bay St for the summer.
Just returned from a 6 month European exchange/adventure, combatting the tea withdrawal the only way I know how- a DAVIDs shopping spree!

Follow me on Twitter for many tea-related tweets! @Chelseywilson77
Check out my blog for tea and travel!
chellybean77.wordpress.com