L&C TTB

I was not feeling very well by the end of the work day. I left early. I came home and napped. When I woke up, I wanted oolong in my cute clay teapot. This oolong was in the TTB and as generic as it was labeled (it’s old packaging and is just labeled “The Oolong”) but it was the option available, so I went for it.

Now I want more of this tea.

Other teas from the teabox I have enjoyed and I would probably get. This one I will make sure I get some more of.

Short, quick infusions in my clay teapot.

The first few infusions were decent. Green, creamy, nice.

But then.

about the fourth or fifth infusion, things changed. Sweet. Really sweet. Delicious. I rarely get honey like this. Fresh. Floral. SWEET.

So good.

I was getting sloshy, so I stopped and waited a while. Re-warmed everything and infused some more.

Still outstanding.

madametj

I just had some of this yesterday. Good right?!

I did ask them if there was a more specific name for it rather than just “Oolong” and they told me that in China and Taiwan oolongs are named after the region they’re grown in whereas Indonesia doesn’t have a tea history rich enough to do that yet, so it’s just called “Indonesian Oolong.” Learned something new.

Cheri

This one was quite good. Since I’m putting so much back in the box, I’ll probably keep a little bit of this one so I can have it again.

Mandy

What were you’re steeping parameters? I still haven’t tried mine yet.

Cheri

I did my typical gongfu oolong….start with a short rinse, then 25s with very short increases up to about 2 or 3 minutes…then a nice long one if I think the tea can give me something. I think I got this one up to 3.

A gram per oz?

@Mandy For gongfu 8 steeps : rinse,25s,25s,30s,40s,60s,90s,120s,180s

For westerns the website says to rinse, then steep for 5-8 min. with boiling water. I usually do 195 though (with gongfu).

Mandy

I believe I tried the website way and it was a bitter mess. I’ve found that their recommendations are generally terrible.

madametj

yeah that sounded waaaay too long and hot to me, but I’m like hey it’s their tea. lol

Cheri

Yep. I like their tea, but not their recommendations at all. Blah.

Comments

madametj

I just had some of this yesterday. Good right?!

Mandy

What were you’re steeping parameters? I still haven’t tried mine yet.

A gram per oz?

@Mandy For gongfu 8 steeps : rinse,25s,25s,30s,40s,60s,90s,120s,180s

Cheri

Yep. I like their tea, but not their recommendations at all. Blah.

Still relatively new to drinking teas, or so I feel, even though I’ve been at it for several months now.

I’m drinking more and more of different varieties of tea.

It’s been a few months that I’ve been on here. I’ve expanded from greens and flavored teas to now I’m all about the oolongs and some unflavored blacks. I’m mostly drinking unflavored teas now, but there are a few of those flavored ones that have a special place in my heart.

Metro Detroit