drank Assam Melody by Adagio Teas

Slept right through my alarm (again), so had to make do with my emergency Assam stash + a teabag. (I have a little tea case that I keep in my purse for exactly this purpose, it has little kitties in little teacups on it – yay craft markets!) I didn’t quite put in enough tea leaf to suit my early morning taste (or lack thereof, rather), so I find it a little weak, but it has served it’s purpose. I’m quite fond of this Assam, honestly, it’s very forgiving and mild.

I’m a Pole who grew up in Texas, is currently a graduate student in California studying Japan. How’s THAT for random?

Being Polish, my family has always drunk a lot of tea, and I am no different. I may drink more tea than water. On the other hand, I can’t say that I’m very particular about it; I’m generally pretty careless with steeping times and water temperature and I don’t even have a proper teapot (mostly because the lid broke during the move to California ;_;).

I always drink my tea unsweetened and I only add milk in the case of the most egregiously chai-ish of chais. (not really a big fan of milk in general)

Given that so many of my entries seem to be about my morning tea, I felt I should add something here about me and mornings: I fail at mornings. I fail at them a LOT. Therefore I often also fail at proper tea making in the mornings.

Santa Barbara