drank French Breakfast by Golden Moon Tea

Golden Moon Sampler Tea #3
Grabbed the first black (because, hello? morning!) tea that came to hand from the sampler box and it happened to be this. As usual, because I am a giant flake, I completely forgot that I was steeping this and ended up leaving it for so long that I find it too embarrassing to specify.
It totally smelled oversteeped so I was definitely expecting the worst, but apparently this tea is super forgiving (yay!) because the taste came out just fine. I agree with the other reviews that it is very smooth, almost neutral in taste, and I DO like my teas to be a little more full of character, but the ability to take a lot of abuse is a huge factor in its favor. I may have to get more of this.

Boiling 8 min or more

I’m a Pole who grew up in Texas, is currently a graduate student in California studying Japan. How’s THAT for random?

Being Polish, my family has always drunk a lot of tea, and I am no different. I may drink more tea than water. On the other hand, I can’t say that I’m very particular about it; I’m generally pretty careless with steeping times and water temperature and I don’t even have a proper teapot (mostly because the lid broke during the move to California ;_;).

I always drink my tea unsweetened and I only add milk in the case of the most egregiously chai-ish of chais. (not really a big fan of milk in general)

Given that so many of my entries seem to be about my morning tea, I felt I should add something here about me and mornings: I fail at mornings. I fail at them a LOT. Therefore I often also fail at proper tea making in the mornings.

Santa Barbara