drank Spiced Green by Adagio Teas

Wewt! Last bit of a sample tin! One day, there will be room in my tea cupboard once more!

It is still cold, although it DID only rain on me for a little while, so I suppose that’s an improvement. However, there is just something about cold that makes me want spiced tea/chai. And there is just something about trying to write my master’s thesis that makes me want to drink and review tea instead. So here I am.

I actually got a full container of this after ordering the sample (then was promptly inundated with samples and never finished the sample – until now) Somehow they got the balance of the spices such that the cardamon is actually dominating, and I believe I have stated before that I am pretty much a sucker for cardamon. There is a faint hint of cinnamon and the ginger is mostly present as an undertone and in the aftertaste. I really like the whole ‘chai, but lighter!" vibe it’s got going on. (I read somewhere today that no one actually uses the word “vibe,” is this true?) It makes for a tea that is not domineering and yet has substance. Very nice for the afternoon or evening.

__Morgana__

I use the word vibe. But then, I’m prettty dated myself… On the other hand, I know a number of people who are easily 15-25 years younger than I am who say groovy and right on, and I hardly ever say those anymore. ;-)

Stephanie

I think people still use the word “vibe”— because I hear it all the time! Things like “There’s a cool vibe here” or “I’m getting a weird vibe from that person, I don’t know why.” Stuff like that. It’s a cool word—so feel free to keep on using it. But “groovy”? Now that’s dated! :)

Ewa

and nifty is the clearly superior word, anyway. :D

Comments

__Morgana__

Stephanie

Ewa

and nifty is the clearly superior word, anyway. :D

I’m a Pole who grew up in Texas, is currently a graduate student in California studying Japan. How’s THAT for random?

Being Polish, my family has always drunk a lot of tea, and I am no different. I may drink more tea than water. On the other hand, I can’t say that I’m very particular about it; I’m generally pretty careless with steeping times and water temperature and I don’t even have a proper teapot (mostly because the lid broke during the move to California ;_;).

I always drink my tea unsweetened and I only add milk in the case of the most egregiously chai-ish of chais. (not really a big fan of milk in general)

Given that so many of my entries seem to be about my morning tea, I felt I should add something here about me and mornings: I fail at mornings. I fail at them a LOT. Therefore I often also fail at proper tea making in the mornings.

Santa Barbara