Had this for my morning cup in my ongoing scientific inquiry about which breakfast blend to get more of. Honestly, I had meant to grab the River Shannon and THOUGHT I had gotten the unrelabeled adagio tin (no, I didn’t label it from last time. this is because I am lazy) but it turns out that the tin HAD been relabeled just in very tiny letters. So….Irish Breakfast!

I’m back on the side of Scottish Breakfast after this morning. I just can’t stand that oversteeped smell and this stuff seems to get it no matter the steeping time. The only reason I can drink it at all is because my portable mug has a lid and therefore I can’t smell it. It continues to taste quite nice! I’m just not sure I can get past the smell.

I’m a Pole who grew up in Texas, is currently a graduate student in California studying Japan. How’s THAT for random?

Being Polish, my family has always drunk a lot of tea, and I am no different. I may drink more tea than water. On the other hand, I can’t say that I’m very particular about it; I’m generally pretty careless with steeping times and water temperature and I don’t even have a proper teapot (mostly because the lid broke during the move to California ;_;).

I always drink my tea unsweetened and I only add milk in the case of the most egregiously chai-ish of chais. (not really a big fan of milk in general)

Given that so many of my entries seem to be about my morning tea, I felt I should add something here about me and mornings: I fail at mornings. I fail at them a LOT. Therefore I often also fail at proper tea making in the mornings.

Santa Barbara