drank Sinharaja by Golden Moon Tea

Tried to get around the fact that I didn’t really have enough of this left over to get a full steep out of by combining it with my Twinings Black Currant, Ginseng and Vanilla – since the residue the first time I tried this tea was quite pleasant.

Sadly, this time around I got mostly Black Currant and almost no Black Tea. Also, I really need to figure out how long to steep the Twinings stuff, because I keep overshooting the mark and turning into this sharp taste of not quite ripe vegetation. And I didn’t even keep it in that long this time! Man, that tea is so temperamental! Still, it wasn’t untasty just a bit too tart and a bit too…hm, I guess I’d call it sharp.

Rabs

I just can’t bring myself to click “like” on this one. The Twinings note above made me smile, but then I scrolled down and read this part and it was all about teh sad :(

Ewa

I know, the interesting negative notes are all like “well I like the way you wrote this up/I think this is interesting, but I don’t want you to think that I like the fact that you had a bad experience” It’s a dilemma!

gmathis

Finicky teas are frustrating, aren’t they?

Comments

Rabs

Ewa

gmathis

Finicky teas are frustrating, aren’t they?

I’m a Pole who grew up in Texas, is currently a graduate student in California studying Japan. How’s THAT for random?

Being Polish, my family has always drunk a lot of tea, and I am no different. I may drink more tea than water. On the other hand, I can’t say that I’m very particular about it; I’m generally pretty careless with steeping times and water temperature and I don’t even have a proper teapot (mostly because the lid broke during the move to California ;_;).

I always drink my tea unsweetened and I only add milk in the case of the most egregiously chai-ish of chais. (not really a big fan of milk in general)

Given that so many of my entries seem to be about my morning tea, I felt I should add something here about me and mornings: I fail at mornings. I fail at them a LOT. Therefore I often also fail at proper tea making in the mornings.

Santa Barbara