drank Coconut Cream Pie by 52teas

Whoo boy, first go at this did NOT go well. Got into a raid right after setting it to steep and was too busy killing dudes to go and pour it for…well, a while. Needless to say it ended up oversteeped and holy buckets was it ever astringent. I tried to tone it down by adding milk, but I think I added too much milk and it ended up somehow too mild but still astringent. Very weird.

I could tell that it had potential though, so I’m trying out a second steeping now, with a much lower milk to tea ratio. Naturally, since I oversteeped it the first time around, it came out a bit tasteless but I am also getting a better sense of the potential of this tea. I think it’s one that would definitely benefit from the addition of a vanilla milk substitute of some kind. I am thinking almond or rice milk. I also really want to try out the iced latte recipe that is on the 52teas website. By the time I got to the end of the my first cup, the tea had cooled significantly, and I could definitely see its potential.

So, I guess after all that, I am…intrigued. The tea is definitely quite coconutty, and the vanilla seems to be present around the edges of it. I don’t know. I definitely need to try it again without brewing it for twice as long as it is meant to be brewed.

Boiling 8 min or more
__Morgana__

What dropped during the raid? Anything good?

Ewa

meh, hunter lewt.

Comments

__Morgana__

What dropped during the raid? Anything good?

Ewa

meh, hunter lewt.

I’m a Pole who grew up in Texas, is currently a graduate student in California studying Japan. How’s THAT for random?

Being Polish, my family has always drunk a lot of tea, and I am no different. I may drink more tea than water. On the other hand, I can’t say that I’m very particular about it; I’m generally pretty careless with steeping times and water temperature and I don’t even have a proper teapot (mostly because the lid broke during the move to California ;_;).

I always drink my tea unsweetened and I only add milk in the case of the most egregiously chai-ish of chais. (not really a big fan of milk in general)

Given that so many of my entries seem to be about my morning tea, I felt I should add something here about me and mornings: I fail at mornings. I fail at them a LOT. Therefore I often also fail at proper tea making in the mornings.

Santa Barbara