drank Coconut Cream Pie by 52teas

Looks like this tea and I have some wrangling to do. I tried the latte recipe from the 52teas website…too sweet! Waaaaaaaaay too sweet. (for me) Which means that I need to do some messing about with proportions. Fortunately, as noted on the site, the recipe makes enough latte mixture for me to experiment with this to my heart’s content. All I can say is: thank god for nonfat condensed milk, or I would be feeling SOOOOO guilty right now.

Once again, I can taste the potential! But mostly I just taste sugar.

Honestly, am I ever going to feel comfortable rating this tea?

I’m a Pole who grew up in Texas, is currently a graduate student in California studying Japan. How’s THAT for random?

Being Polish, my family has always drunk a lot of tea, and I am no different. I may drink more tea than water. On the other hand, I can’t say that I’m very particular about it; I’m generally pretty careless with steeping times and water temperature and I don’t even have a proper teapot (mostly because the lid broke during the move to California ;_;).

I always drink my tea unsweetened and I only add milk in the case of the most egregiously chai-ish of chais. (not really a big fan of milk in general)

Given that so many of my entries seem to be about my morning tea, I felt I should add something here about me and mornings: I fail at mornings. I fail at them a LOT. Therefore I often also fail at proper tea making in the mornings.

Santa Barbara