drank Coconut Cream Pie by 52teas

Risked this in the evening. Decided to try less leaf (I usually do a heaping teaspoon, but went with a flat one) and to be more exact about the 8 oz water recommended per teaspoon on the sachet. I then added about 2 oz (this I eyeballed at about 1/4 of what was currently in the cup) of the latte mixture.

Success! Once again, actually paying attention to things produces results! It’s amazing how often that works.

I am also somewhat weirded out because this is basically a tea that I don’t want to drink without milk or milk like thing (fear my double negative!), where usually I am against milk in my tea at all!

gmathis

I think teas with “cream” in the name, regardless, just beg for dairy additives.

Comments

gmathis

I’m a Pole who grew up in Texas, is currently a graduate student in California studying Japan. How’s THAT for random?

Being Polish, my family has always drunk a lot of tea, and I am no different. I may drink more tea than water. On the other hand, I can’t say that I’m very particular about it; I’m generally pretty careless with steeping times and water temperature and I don’t even have a proper teapot (mostly because the lid broke during the move to California ;_;).

I always drink my tea unsweetened and I only add milk in the case of the most egregiously chai-ish of chais. (not really a big fan of milk in general)

Given that so many of my entries seem to be about my morning tea, I felt I should add something here about me and mornings: I fail at mornings. I fail at them a LOT. Therefore I often also fail at proper tea making in the mornings.

Santa Barbara