drank Ceremonial Grade DoMatcha by DoMatcha

Moar experimentation with Matcha!

I tried “Master Handa’s Juicy Matcha Recipe,” which is the first one on the DoMatcha page here: http://domatcha.com/recipes/
Now, the recipe states that you pour the matcha on top of a thick juice (I used Odwalla’s Mango Tango) in order to achieve a lovely two-layered effect maybe with a little path running down the middle (a path! a path!) Wait sorry, wandered into a Monty Python and the Holy Grail sketch there. Just a two-layered effect with no path. Now the whole “achieving layers” thing is actually a bartending skill that takes some practice (or so I’m told) and therefore I failed at it miserably, achieving more of an “impressionist painting complete lack of” layer effect. So…I ended up just mixing them together.

The result: A fruity, puddingy, really fresh tasting concoction that I wholeheartedly approve of. The matcha has really smoothed out the tanginess of the Odwalla, while bringing a cool, refreshing taste that I am really tempted to use the word “verdant” to describe. It would go really well with strawberries I am thinking and now I am bummed because I totally could have gotten the strawberry Odwalla instead. Next time, definitely!

This is also really filling. I was kind of wanting a snack before, but not anymore! Man, if I could afford the Odwalla juice on a regular basis I would totally have this for breakfast everyday. But alas, no.

Next up: DoMatcha-tini! (well not RIGHT next, but I’ve gotta admit I’ve been really curious about it :D )

Cofftea

lol yeah the layered thing looks way too complicated, but I do make koicha w/ orange juice instead of water. Yummy! I’ve been thinking doing half OJ and half vodka for a matcha screwdriver shot or 1/3 OJ, 1/3 milk, and 1/3 vodka for a dreamcicle shot.

Comments

Cofftea

I’m a Pole who grew up in Texas, is currently a graduate student in California studying Japan. How’s THAT for random?

Being Polish, my family has always drunk a lot of tea, and I am no different. I may drink more tea than water. On the other hand, I can’t say that I’m very particular about it; I’m generally pretty careless with steeping times and water temperature and I don’t even have a proper teapot (mostly because the lid broke during the move to California ;_;).

I always drink my tea unsweetened and I only add milk in the case of the most egregiously chai-ish of chais. (not really a big fan of milk in general)

Given that so many of my entries seem to be about my morning tea, I felt I should add something here about me and mornings: I fail at mornings. I fail at them a LOT. Therefore I often also fail at proper tea making in the mornings.

Santa Barbara