drank Caramelized Pear by Art of Tea

Had to cleanse my palate after the…interesting experiment with the spiced plum. In Polish there is a similar expression except it literally translates to “fix my taste” which, my terribleness at translation aside, I think may apply even better than the whole cleansing palate thing. I don’t want to just get back to neutral! I want to cross the boundary into tasty!

Anyway, went back to an old staple for my mission. Whereupon I realized that the teas from the art of tea dessert sampler and foxtrot are my only rooiboses – and I believe I already mentioned that I have…issues with foxtrot. (which will hopefully go away some day >.<) Thankfully, I think the majority of my teafrog samples are rooiboses so I will soon be saved from a lack of rooibos choice existence. (at least until the samples run out) Hurray!

Um yes. The tea. Continues to be tasty! mmm, pear.

I’m a Pole who grew up in Texas, is currently a graduate student in California studying Japan. How’s THAT for random?

Being Polish, my family has always drunk a lot of tea, and I am no different. I may drink more tea than water. On the other hand, I can’t say that I’m very particular about it; I’m generally pretty careless with steeping times and water temperature and I don’t even have a proper teapot (mostly because the lid broke during the move to California ;_;).

I always drink my tea unsweetened and I only add milk in the case of the most egregiously chai-ish of chais. (not really a big fan of milk in general)

Given that so many of my entries seem to be about my morning tea, I felt I should add something here about me and mornings: I fail at mornings. I fail at them a LOT. Therefore I often also fail at proper tea making in the mornings.

Santa Barbara