drank Almond Biscotti by Teavana

I live!

I’ve been away from the computer for the past week since I was having a last minute vacation prior to going to Japan and then, well, I went to Japan. I am staying in a tiny tiny room in a long-stay hotel for the duration, which has free internets (yay!) and AC and some bare necessities for cooking: microwave, hot plate, and, because it’s Japan, electric kettle! Thanks Japan! Not many places in the world would consider that a life necessity :D

Had some of my delish almond biscotti (I took that and Foxtrot with me and will otherwise rely on what I can get from the grocery stores here) last night while I tried to make it to 8m before falling asleep. My endeavor was nearly a success but I ended up pooping out at 7:30. Close enough! Ahh, it was so nice to have that touch of familiarity.

I managed to get three good infusions out of it (the tea mug they gave me is tiny!) although by the third one I confess that A. I was nearly unconscious and not really paying attention and B. I’m pretty sure it was just kind of almondy water. The first two, however were delicious as usual.

Rabs

You’ve been missed! I had one brief moment the other day of: oh, it’s the 22nd — Ewa’s Japan-bound! And then I realized that it might be quite some time until we heard from you. And I had teh sads. And now I have teh happies! :D

Glad to know that you made it safe and sound!

__Morgana__

Yeah, glad to hear you made it. What the heck are you doing here, though. Go out and enjoy Japan!

Ewa

Hee hee, I totally wrote this at 4 in the morning because cheering for the Japan – Denmark World Cup game (not to mention jetlag) woke me up. I went out and enjoyed Japan later though!

Comments

Rabs

Glad to know that you made it safe and sound!

__Morgana__

Ewa

I’m a Pole who grew up in Texas, is currently a graduate student in California studying Japan. How’s THAT for random?

Being Polish, my family has always drunk a lot of tea, and I am no different. I may drink more tea than water. On the other hand, I can’t say that I’m very particular about it; I’m generally pretty careless with steeping times and water temperature and I don’t even have a proper teapot (mostly because the lid broke during the move to California ;_;).

I always drink my tea unsweetened and I only add milk in the case of the most egregiously chai-ish of chais. (not really a big fan of milk in general)

Given that so many of my entries seem to be about my morning tea, I felt I should add something here about me and mornings: I fail at mornings. I fail at them a LOT. Therefore I often also fail at proper tea making in the mornings.

Santa Barbara