drank Black Currant Bai Mu Dan by 52teas

So, when I moved, I moved a lot closer to the mountains, which means that I am now getting a lesson in how crazy California’s weather can be. Where I lived earlier, there were a few days in August where the cold in the evening had me turning on the heat (because I am a wuss, but still.) Up here, even though it is NOT really that much farther away, I am hot hot hot! Not as hot as I was in Japan, thank god, but hot enough that I am really really appreciating the ability to make iced tea.

This batch is building on the older batch – when that first batch was at about 1/4 (and had been brewing for a couple of days) I added more water and a bit more leaves and left it. The result is much more black curranty, but still definitely has that white tea personality. Win!

I’m a Pole who grew up in Texas, is currently a graduate student in California studying Japan. How’s THAT for random?

Being Polish, my family has always drunk a lot of tea, and I am no different. I may drink more tea than water. On the other hand, I can’t say that I’m very particular about it; I’m generally pretty careless with steeping times and water temperature and I don’t even have a proper teapot (mostly because the lid broke during the move to California ;_;).

I always drink my tea unsweetened and I only add milk in the case of the most egregiously chai-ish of chais. (not really a big fan of milk in general)

Given that so many of my entries seem to be about my morning tea, I felt I should add something here about me and mornings: I fail at mornings. I fail at them a LOT. Therefore I often also fail at proper tea making in the mornings.

Santa Barbara