drank Fujian Baroque by Adagio Teas

Decided to try to make a pitcher of this iced. My birthday packets were HUUUUUUGE, so it’s not like I don’t have the tea to burn :P

It brewed up light, really light. Worryingly light. Despite this, however, it has a surprising amount of flavor. (Yay!) The cold brewing has really smoothed it out, making it really seem like a lighter version of golden monkey. I’m kind of sad at the loss of the spicy undertone, but it still makes for a really refreshing somewhat sweet somewhat malty summer beverage. I like it!

I’m a Pole who grew up in Texas, is currently a graduate student in California studying Japan. How’s THAT for random?

Being Polish, my family has always drunk a lot of tea, and I am no different. I may drink more tea than water. On the other hand, I can’t say that I’m very particular about it; I’m generally pretty careless with steeping times and water temperature and I don’t even have a proper teapot (mostly because the lid broke during the move to California ;_;).

I always drink my tea unsweetened and I only add milk in the case of the most egregiously chai-ish of chais. (not really a big fan of milk in general)

Given that so many of my entries seem to be about my morning tea, I felt I should add something here about me and mornings: I fail at mornings. I fail at them a LOT. Therefore I often also fail at proper tea making in the mornings.

Santa Barbara