drank Earl Grey Special by TeaFrog

Yaaaaaay, TeaFrog order came in today! And I didn’t even have to concoct any stories about alternate realities to explain it’s lateness! Well done, post office!

Naturally, I went straight for the Earl Grey Special. I feel very happy right now, since I have this more rounded (friendly?) Earl Grey and then the in your face, I would almost call it militant Earl Grey Cheesecake from 52teas. It is a good combination! I wanna say that the Earl Grey-ness is much more prominent here than it was in the sample, but as I look over my other entries, it seemed like there was a general acclimation process going on the more I drank of it, so perhaps I am just perfectly primed to appreciate it now. It’s still got a little bit more of the citrus zing than your average Earl Grey, but I like it! Gives it character.

Now, the only question is…where am I going to put it? My tea cupboard is a little…full.

I’m a Pole who grew up in Texas, is currently a graduate student in California studying Japan. How’s THAT for random?

Being Polish, my family has always drunk a lot of tea, and I am no different. I may drink more tea than water. On the other hand, I can’t say that I’m very particular about it; I’m generally pretty careless with steeping times and water temperature and I don’t even have a proper teapot (mostly because the lid broke during the move to California ;_;).

I always drink my tea unsweetened and I only add milk in the case of the most egregiously chai-ish of chais. (not really a big fan of milk in general)

Given that so many of my entries seem to be about my morning tea, I felt I should add something here about me and mornings: I fail at mornings. I fail at them a LOT. Therefore I often also fail at proper tea making in the mornings.

Santa Barbara