drank Fireside by TeaFrog

Backlogging

My free sample with my TeaFrog order (love free samples!). I was quite curious about this, as I haven’t had many cinnamony teas and the combination sounded intriguing. The smell is SUPER strong, it was basically able to fill my studio THROUGH the packaging. I tried to combat it with incense, but that proved to be only a temporary solution. Thankfully, the effect has since faded.

The first steep was…mostly cinnamony, that is pretty much all I tasted, no rooibos no orange, nuffin. It’s interesting to read other people’s impressions – especially teabird, who had basically the opposite reaction. Am I that big a wuss or did we just get a very different batch? The world may never know. I DID get more orange when the tea had cooled, but that is hardly optimal for a tea called “fireside.”

I’ll try to vary my steeping parameters a bit before I give this a rating, don’t want to judge it unfairly because I was adding too much water, or something!

teabird

My tastebuds might just be skewed by Harney’s Hot Cinnamon Spice, which is ridiculously (deliciously!) cinnamon-y. Fireside is probably better balanced :P I just like my cinnamon crazy strong, so the rooibos stands out to me here. Did you ever eat “atomic fireballs,” the cinnamon candy? I may have loved those as a kid…

Comments

teabird

I’m a Pole who grew up in Texas, is currently a graduate student in California studying Japan. How’s THAT for random?

Being Polish, my family has always drunk a lot of tea, and I am no different. I may drink more tea than water. On the other hand, I can’t say that I’m very particular about it; I’m generally pretty careless with steeping times and water temperature and I don’t even have a proper teapot (mostly because the lid broke during the move to California ;_;).

I always drink my tea unsweetened and I only add milk in the case of the most egregiously chai-ish of chais. (not really a big fan of milk in general)

Given that so many of my entries seem to be about my morning tea, I felt I should add something here about me and mornings: I fail at mornings. I fail at them a LOT. Therefore I often also fail at proper tea making in the mornings.

Santa Barbara