Got back from visiting my adorable niece over the holiday weekend to find that California is, for once, COLDER than Oregon. WTF. Clearly, this is a job for…copious amounts of tea!

Brewed this up on the stovetop using almond milk. Delicious and creamy as usual, a great tea to start with after being stuck under my brother’s Tea Purist Iron Thumb for a couple of days. Didn’t get as much cheesecake as I usually do, but then I also slurped it right up, so perhaps I wasn’t paying enough attention.

Erin

this. sounds. delicious.

teabird

agreed. yum!

Comments

Erin

this. sounds. delicious.

teabird

agreed. yum!

I’m a Pole who grew up in Texas, is currently a graduate student in California studying Japan. How’s THAT for random?

Being Polish, my family has always drunk a lot of tea, and I am no different. I may drink more tea than water. On the other hand, I can’t say that I’m very particular about it; I’m generally pretty careless with steeping times and water temperature and I don’t even have a proper teapot (mostly because the lid broke during the move to California ;_;).

I always drink my tea unsweetened and I only add milk in the case of the most egregiously chai-ish of chais. (not really a big fan of milk in general)

Given that so many of my entries seem to be about my morning tea, I felt I should add something here about me and mornings: I fail at mornings. I fail at them a LOT. Therefore I often also fail at proper tea making in the mornings.

Santa Barbara