drank Casablanca Twist by Adagio Teas

Went out walking today, and found a historical park about 15 minutes from my new place, score! love historical parks. Took some casablanca twist with me on my walk, which was a good choice, I think. The mint was very refreshing.

I was thinking about this tea and how much of it is basically an herbal tea – just looking at it, the darjeeling seems to only appear here and there. Now, as I understand it, you’re supposed to use a bit more herbal tea when steeping than you would use black tea, so I decided to go with 1.5 times what I use normally to see if it made any difference. It’s hard to evaluate this without immediately drinking another mug of it prepared the normal way, but it did seem ‘more’ more minty, more refreshing…I dunno, maybe that’s just because I was expecting it to.

I’m a Pole who grew up in Texas, is currently a graduate student in California studying Japan. How’s THAT for random?

Being Polish, my family has always drunk a lot of tea, and I am no different. I may drink more tea than water. On the other hand, I can’t say that I’m very particular about it; I’m generally pretty careless with steeping times and water temperature and I don’t even have a proper teapot (mostly because the lid broke during the move to California ;_;).

I always drink my tea unsweetened and I only add milk in the case of the most egregiously chai-ish of chais. (not really a big fan of milk in general)

Given that so many of my entries seem to be about my morning tea, I felt I should add something here about me and mornings: I fail at mornings. I fail at them a LOT. Therefore I often also fail at proper tea making in the mornings.

Santa Barbara