drank Coconut Cream Pie by 52teas

I have declared today…COCONUT DAY.

It all started when I realized I had not had Coconut Cream Pie in, like, a week and a half, which is just wrong and strange and needed to be remedied as fast as possible. Added in a bit of ye olde soy milk and it was delicious as usual.

Then, I was thinking, I am kind of in the mood for Thai Chai as well AND while trying to find the buttered cinnamon raisin toast I opened up my tin of Coconut Pouchong and decided I must have that today as well. Therefore…Coconut Day! (Buttered Cinnamon Raisin Toast can wait until tomorrow.)

I’m a Pole who grew up in Texas, is currently a graduate student in California studying Japan. How’s THAT for random?

Being Polish, my family has always drunk a lot of tea, and I am no different. I may drink more tea than water. On the other hand, I can’t say that I’m very particular about it; I’m generally pretty careless with steeping times and water temperature and I don’t even have a proper teapot (mostly because the lid broke during the move to California ;_;).

I always drink my tea unsweetened and I only add milk in the case of the most egregiously chai-ish of chais. (not really a big fan of milk in general)

Given that so many of my entries seem to be about my morning tea, I felt I should add something here about me and mornings: I fail at mornings. I fail at them a LOT. Therefore I often also fail at proper tea making in the mornings.

Santa Barbara