So, a while back, I was taking stock of my tea purchasing patterns and had noticed that they had somehow devolved to the point where they could easily be summarized as “just send all my tea money to 52teas,” which, while certainly a sound tea buying strategy that will yield a lot of nifty, delicious tea, meant that I found myself without some of my staples (NEED MOAR EARL GREY). So I consciously tried not to be tempted whenever the weekly notification of a new blend came up. BUT! When I saw that Frank had reblended this AND the coconut cheesecake honeybush, I knew there was no way I could resist. Grabbed both, and a few days later here we are, which is interesting because usually my 52teas orders take a while to arrive (ll have to try this with a bit more leaf next time to see if that strengthens the other tastes.

Edit: Had to go shopping and come back to realize this, but my room now smells like blueberries :D

I’m a Pole who grew up in Texas, is currently a graduate student in California studying Japan. How’s THAT for random?

Being Polish, my family has always drunk a lot of tea, and I am no different. I may drink more tea than water. On the other hand, I can’t say that I’m very particular about it; I’m generally pretty careless with steeping times and water temperature and I don’t even have a proper teapot (mostly because the lid broke during the move to California ;_;).

I always drink my tea unsweetened and I only add milk in the case of the most egregiously chai-ish of chais. (not really a big fan of milk in general)

Given that so many of my entries seem to be about my morning tea, I felt I should add something here about me and mornings: I fail at mornings. I fail at them a LOT. Therefore I often also fail at proper tea making in the mornings.

Santa Barbara