drank Masala Chai by Adagio Teas

My opinion of this tea has greatly changed since I first tried it ~2 months ago. I thought it was a decent masala chai, but I was looking for “the perfect” masala chai and this wasn’t it. This was the first masala I tried when I began my search, and now, coming back to it with more experience, I really like this and I think it’s actually stronger and has more body than the masala chai I’d settled on getting from another tea company. Perhaps I wasn’t steeping this long enough (or was using the wrong amount of leaves) when I first tried it… In any case, yum! This is very good.

Of course, I’ve already forgotten how I made it last night (that turned out so perfect). I think I used 1.5-2 tsp for ~14 oz and steeped it for about 5 minutes with about 3/4 tsp of rock sugar. I’m not completely sure… I’ll have to pay attention and make sure I get this right in the future.

I started drinking loose leaf tea in December 2011. I usually use Teavana’s Perfect TeaMaker at home, and their Remi Mug at work. Some day I would like to have a cast iron set… a red one with dragons!