Skipping over a backlog of tasting notes numbering in the mid 30s. I had hoped doing that the first time was a one time thing; now I’m just hoping this doesn’t become a habit.

This tea had been pretty meh and generic to me. Nice, but not something I find myself reaching for. It isn’t very strong so I don’t find myself drinking it in the morning when I can’t decide what I want either.

So I have started to tinker with it. I’ve really only had a it few times so far. I increased the steeping time and the amount of leaf I used a little.

Now it seems like a more solid version of its former self, if that makes any sense, and I do like it more this way. I don’t know how much more I could increase the steeping time or leaf amount without it veering into too bitter or too strong tasting.

It paired well with a mango and some strawberries and made for a tasty breakfast.

I’m 33 years old, studying pharmacy, and have a surly cat named Bin. I love tea, coffee, beer, wine, and most things food and beverage related. I also love music, movies, reading, writing, and learning new things.

I’ve drank tea all my life but about five to six years ago, my close friend Spautz got into tea and got me more into tea. I drink black teas and tisanes/herbals most. Since receiving a variable temperature kettle from my parents for Xmas this past year, I’ve been drinking more greens, oolongs, and whites. I’m very very new to puerh. That is, I’ve had only one.

Ratings scale:
50-60 Decent
40-50 Drinkable
30-40 Meh
0-30 Awful

Would I order this again ranking:
5 – definitely