Two nights ago, I decided that this tropical flavored honeybush sounded good after a smoked turkey, bacon, cheddar, and white BBQ sauce wrap for dinner. I’ve had this tisane before, I think twice. But can see I haven’t logged it yet. I remember liking it quite a bit though.

Upon opening my small tin of it this time, I noticed that it had a decent smell of sea water/salt water to both the dry and steep tisane. I had noticed the same thing when I finished off my Raspberry Chocolate honeybush sample recently as well. The taste however was normal for both. But it’s hard to reconcile the smell with the taste.

As for the taste of this honeybush, it’s most distinct flavor is banana combined with undistinguished other tropical fruit flavors, perhaps papaya and pineapple. I think I would have likely rated it a bit higher but for the scent issue.

I put the second steep away and drank it the next night after an Asian chicken salad for dinner.

2nd steep: 20+ mins.

Fjellrev

Sounds like great flavour pairings!

Comments

Fjellrev

Sounds like great flavour pairings!

I’m 33 years old, studying pharmacy, and have a surly cat named Bin. I love tea, coffee, beer, wine, and most things food and beverage related. I also love music, movies, reading, writing, and learning new things.

I’ve drank tea all my life but about five to six years ago, my close friend Spautz got into tea and got me more into tea. I drink black teas and tisanes/herbals most. Since receiving a variable temperature kettle from my parents for Xmas this past year, I’ve been drinking more greens, oolongs, and whites. I’m very very new to puerh. That is, I’ve had only one.

Ratings scale:
50-60 Decent
40-50 Drinkable
30-40 Meh
0-30 Awful

Would I order this again ranking:
5 – definitely