Yesterday evening, I went to make a cup of tea and notice I had clean nearly dry leaves of Jackee from a late morning steep. I thought why not steep him again rather than throw him out. 2nd steep Jackee is a lightly smoky caramelly good drink. Then I added a small splash of milk for reasons I’m not quite sure of. Woah, did it bring out the smoky taste in a way it hadn’t before. Not necessarily stronger though. And still caramelly sweet. I would definitely drink him this way again. I might even try a bit of milk on a first steep to see what it does. I wasn’t expected it to change noticeably. I’d be interested to see what milk did to Thomas and the Tiger as well.

2nd steep.

I’m 33 years old, studying pharmacy, and have a surly cat named Bin. I love tea, coffee, beer, wine, and most things food and beverage related. I also love music, movies, reading, writing, and learning new things.

I’ve drank tea all my life but about five to six years ago, my close friend Spautz got into tea and got me more into tea. I drink black teas and tisanes/herbals most. Since receiving a variable temperature kettle from my parents for Xmas this past year, I’ve been drinking more greens, oolongs, and whites. I’m very very new to puerh. That is, I’ve had only one.

Ratings scale:
50-60 Decent
40-50 Drinkable
30-40 Meh
0-30 Awful

Would I order this again ranking:
5 – definitely