This is one of those teas that I really like and really hate when I only drink one steep then end up throwing the leaves out and feeling like I’d wasted good tea. So when my ‘try a 6oz cup when steeping a tea that has more than 1-2 steep in it’ wuyi oolong experiment worked really well, I decided to try it with Dragonwell yesterday afternoon. Again, success. This method seems to “trick” me into drinking more steeps. Which means I may now be free to drink multiple steep teas without thinking “oh I don’t know if I’ll drink more than a cup, maybe two, so I shouldn’t steep this tea now” and then not drinking the tea I wanted then and/or not drinking teas I really like for a long time due to talking myself out of it.

1st steep: 2 min 15 sec. Oh good, yum, tasty. Just as I remember it being.

2nd steep: 4 min 30 sec. Lighter yet with more to taste. Just as good as the 1st.

3rd steep: 6 min 45 sec. Noticeably weaker but still good to drink.

4th steep: 9 min. Watery Dragonwell. Drank it, but may not resteep a 4th time in the future.

I’d like to try doing multiple steeps using a 2 min 30 sec multiplier as recommended by A&D and comparing. I also noticed tealogs for steeping at 170° F and 180° F and may want to try a higher temperature water and compare as well.

160 °F / 71 °C

I’m 33 years old, studying pharmacy, and have a surly cat named Bin. I love tea, coffee, beer, wine, and most things food and beverage related. I also love music, movies, reading, writing, and learning new things.

I’ve drank tea all my life but about five to six years ago, my close friend Spautz got into tea and got me more into tea. I drink black teas and tisanes/herbals most. Since receiving a variable temperature kettle from my parents for Xmas this past year, I’ve been drinking more greens, oolongs, and whites. I’m very very new to puerh. That is, I’ve had only one.

Ratings scale:
50-60 Decent
40-50 Drinkable
30-40 Meh
0-30 Awful

Would I order this again ranking:
5 – definitely