Third time in a row, I drank this herbal as my reading-in-bed cup last night. Still yummy, but not quite as enjoyable as the previous two nights. Perhaps it is time to move on to a different tea tonight.

I finished House Rules last night too. It was a good book and I liked it. But I didn’t like it a lot the way others in my book clubs did. I figured out the ending/mystery before the mid-point of the book and it was frustrating that the whole book no one ever asked the main character exactly what happen, and they should have. The more interesting aspect of the read was reading about a child with Asperger’s Syndrome both from his point of view and what it was like living with him for his family.

So tonight I’ll be starting a different book as well. Most likely Beautiful Creatures by Kami Gracia and Margaret Stohl, a YA supernatural novel, for another online book group. I’m thinking not my usual cup of tea, but I’ll give it a try. It is set in a fictional town in South Carolina.

gmathis

Sounds like you may have plenty of reading stacked up, but your comments on House Rules made me think of one I read recently called 600 Hours of Edward by Craig Lancaster … http://www.librarything.com/work/9167306. (These days, I don’t have the attention span to devour books, but I did this one.)

Auggy

Is it bad that I’m looking forward to hearing how you like that book (or if you do)? I found it pretty annoying to read and ended up having to stop half way through, but I’m wondering if that was just me. :)

Stephanie

I love supernatural novels!

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

gmathis ~ I noted 600 Hours of Edward on my wishlist. It does sound like something I’d be interested in reading. I don’t know when though. I have books like most people on here have tea and belong to three book groups, not counting the new Steepster one.

Auggy & Steph ~ I’m three chapters into Beautiful Creatures. It annoyed me, a local to the area, that some of the real regional geographical details the authors used were incorrect, such as where things are in location to one another, that Gatlin is close to another “small town” Summerville – which in RL isn’t that small and is pretty close to Charleston, and implying that Gatlin is really in the middle of nowhere – if Gatlin is close to Summerville, Summerville is close to Charleston. The main character Ethan hates small town life and knowing everyone. He yearns to know more of the world and people of depth. Yet, based on the authors’ RL details, Ethan might live in a small small town but it’s an easily drivable distance to Charleston, which isn’t small at all, and his best friend, Linc, has a car. This bugs me. The authors, or someone they worked with knew the area well enough to include RL local detail. Then why not just set it out in the actual middle of nowhere.

Also, Ethan is a fairly believable character. I’m just sure how interested I am in him.

Comments

gmathis

Auggy

Stephanie

I love supernatural novels!

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

I’m 33 years old, studying pharmacy, and have a surly cat named Bin. I love tea, coffee, beer, wine, and most things food and beverage related. I also love music, movies, reading, writing, and learning new things.

I’ve drank tea all my life but about five to six years ago, my close friend Spautz got into tea and got me more into tea. I drink black teas and tisanes/herbals most. Since receiving a variable temperature kettle from my parents for Xmas this past year, I’ve been drinking more greens, oolongs, and whites. I’m very very new to puerh. That is, I’ve had only one.

Ratings scale:
50-60 Decent
40-50 Drinkable
30-40 Meh
0-30 Awful

Would I order this again ranking:
5 – definitely