So I’ve been saying more bergamot than black tea for the past few tealogs on this one. The night before last I decided to do something about it. I’d add some plain black tea to it. Out of my plain black teas, I thought the Tiger, Thomas, and A&D’s Ceylon might pair the best. I decided to start with the Tiger.

So yesterday morning, I steeped a 1/2 Tiger:1/2 EG ratio. The first steep was mostly Tiger with a hint of EG. The second steep was a wonderful and delicious blend of the two. This seems to be a successful idea. I’ll just need to tweak the black tea:EG ratio. I think I’ll definitely be more interested in drinking up this EG this way.

PS This is only the second time I’ve blended two teas. I’m happy it went reasonable well since the previous attempt was only so-so. I now have a bit more confidence to keep trying.

2nd steep: 5 min 30 sec.

I’m 33 years old, studying pharmacy, and have a surly cat named Bin. I love tea, coffee, beer, wine, and most things food and beverage related. I also love music, movies, reading, writing, and learning new things.

I’ve drank tea all my life but about five to six years ago, my close friend Spautz got into tea and got me more into tea. I drink black teas and tisanes/herbals most. Since receiving a variable temperature kettle from my parents for Xmas this past year, I’ve been drinking more greens, oolongs, and whites. I’m very very new to puerh. That is, I’ve had only one.

Ratings scale:
50-60 Decent
40-50 Drinkable
30-40 Meh
0-30 Awful

Would I order this again ranking:
5 – definitely