Earl Grey and the Tiger, take three. Yesterday morning, I tried 1 tsp EG to 1/4 tsp Tiger. The first steep blended very very well. It tasted like the EG with more black tea to it. I could not pick out that the black tea was the Tiger. The second steep tasted like just the EG. Honestly, I think I might prefer the slightly Tiger heavy first steep and delicious combo second steep of take two.

The question is will I try a repeat of take two next or move on to trying a different black tea with this EG? I think I definitely like this EG with a black tea better than on it’s own. Certainly the quest for a good combo and amounts is making me want to drink EG in the mornings.

2nd steep: 5 min 30 sec.

I’m 33 years old, studying pharmacy, and have a surly cat named Bin. I love tea, coffee, beer, wine, and most things food and beverage related. I also love music, movies, reading, writing, and learning new things.

I’ve drank tea all my life but about five to six years ago, my close friend Spautz got into tea and got me more into tea. I drink black teas and tisanes/herbals most. Since receiving a variable temperature kettle from my parents for Xmas this past year, I’ve been drinking more greens, oolongs, and whites. I’m very very new to puerh. That is, I’ve had only one.

Ratings scale:
50-60 Decent
40-50 Drinkable
30-40 Meh
0-30 Awful

Would I order this again ranking:
5 – definitely