drank Eastern Beauty by Teavana

The dried leaves are long, pretty oolong. They smell like a sweetened oolong with a light floral note. As the leaves infuse in the hot water, the fan out and release a light golden honey colored liquor. The aroma is intoxicating: sweet and slightly floral. I brewed this for the full three minutes with no sugar or any other additives. The taste mirrors the aroma, it is slightly sweet and difficult to describe. It is not a sugary sweet, it is not a honey sweet, and it is not a fruit sweet, it is a natural tea sweetness.

Absolutely delicious, unfortunately insanely expensive. I would say that it is an absolute must-try, as in it is worth the price.

I am a sarcastic perfectionist, a computer nerd, a game geek, an avid reader, a gadget guru, a wine (and tea) enthusiast, and (in my spare time) a chemist.

As I mentioned, I am a chemist, research and development to be exact, so when evaluating tea, it is much like evaluating my products: I will find the flaws and do my very best to fix them because it is what I love to do. Along those lines, nothing is perfect, but can have perfect qualities, I will highlight those also.

I made a preliminary guide to my rating scale:
0-19 – Did not like anything about the tea, feel it cannot be saved without being reformulated.
20-40 – Did not like the tea, it can be saved with extreme amounts of tweaking (i.e., sugar, milk, honey and or blending with another tea)
41-60 – Neutral about the tea, it can be helped or hurt by additives or blends, varied temperatures and steep times
61-70 – Decent tea, needs a little bit of help to get it in the place I like it, but definitely not out of reach
71-80 – Quality tea, liked it, will try again
81-90 – Really enjoyed the tea, high quality, will continue to drink the tea, not looking for something better
91-100 – Loved the tea, will continue to brew and drink and spread the word about the tea to everyone

NJ