drank Gingerbread by Adagio Teas

The smell of the dried leaves is spicy, but by this time, the batch I have is a few months old, so maybe it has calmed down a bit. It’s a black tea with additional spice and from my experience, I know that I will like this much more if I understeep. I brewed for three minutes instead of the usual five. The liquor is still very dark. The aroma is spiced black tea. As a precautionary measure, I add a pinch of rock sugar.

This is not bad. It is definitely spiced, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, the tea is a light black, not too strong in anyway. I believe the only way I do enjoy this at all is because I underbrewed it.

I am a sarcastic perfectionist, a computer nerd, a game geek, an avid reader, a gadget guru, a wine (and tea) enthusiast, and (in my spare time) a chemist.

As I mentioned, I am a chemist, research and development to be exact, so when evaluating tea, it is much like evaluating my products: I will find the flaws and do my very best to fix them because it is what I love to do. Along those lines, nothing is perfect, but can have perfect qualities, I will highlight those also.

I made a preliminary guide to my rating scale:
0-19 – Did not like anything about the tea, feel it cannot be saved without being reformulated.
20-40 – Did not like the tea, it can be saved with extreme amounts of tweaking (i.e., sugar, milk, honey and or blending with another tea)
41-60 – Neutral about the tea, it can be helped or hurt by additives or blends, varied temperatures and steep times
61-70 – Decent tea, needs a little bit of help to get it in the place I like it, but definitely not out of reach
71-80 – Quality tea, liked it, will try again
81-90 – Really enjoyed the tea, high quality, will continue to drink the tea, not looking for something better
91-100 – Loved the tea, will continue to brew and drink and spread the word about the tea to everyone

NJ