drank Mandarin Matcha by 52teas

Tough day, lots of work today, got home and saw all the comments on the posts. Tried to make this again as a smoothie. A different type of smoothie this time:

1/4 cup frozen Dole mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
2 tsp. Mandarin Matcha (I will have none left at this rate)
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup cold water

This was a little thicker than yesterday, as in I used less liquid, and one such liquid was milk instead of all water. The milk worked well with the mandarin flavor in the matcha, I was pleasantly surprised because I had been hesitant all week. This version however, seems like it needs more milk if anything. I am going to look into yogurt for tomorrow and maybe orange juice to give this another go.

Definitely still worth experimenting with.

If you have them- try blackberries. Yummm!=D

Cinoi

I do! I have been picking them out of the mix because of the seeds. I will have a whole bag of frozen blackberries very soon. I agree though that the blackberries with the mandarin would be good

S

So I finally managed to buy a bag of frozen berries like you recommended! Luckily, there are no blackberries in the blend for me to pick out :)

Cofftea

Curious as to why you’d pick them out Shanti. Do you not like them?

S

Cofftea, the seeds are a pain ;)

Cofftea

Raspberries have the same problem though… To each their own, I guess it’s a texture thing. raspb and blackberries are the only berries I put in my smoothies normally, rarely a strawberry.

Cinoi

I remove the blackberries for the same reason, my blender just does not take care of the seeds, it handles the strawberries and raspberries just fine though.

Cofftea

I grew up eating home canned raspberry jam w/ seeds and to this day that’s all I’ll eat, so maybe that’s why I don’t find the seeds a problem:)

Comments

Cofftea

If you have them- try blackberries. Yummm!=D

Cofftea

Curious as to why you’d pick them out Shanti. Do you not like them?

S

Cofftea, the seeds are a pain ;)

Cofftea

I am a sarcastic perfectionist, a computer nerd, a game geek, an avid reader, a gadget guru, a wine (and tea) enthusiast, and (in my spare time) a chemist.

As I mentioned, I am a chemist, research and development to be exact, so when evaluating tea, it is much like evaluating my products: I will find the flaws and do my very best to fix them because it is what I love to do. Along those lines, nothing is perfect, but can have perfect qualities, I will highlight those also.

I made a preliminary guide to my rating scale:
0-19 – Did not like anything about the tea, feel it cannot be saved without being reformulated.
20-40 – Did not like the tea, it can be saved with extreme amounts of tweaking (i.e., sugar, milk, honey and or blending with another tea)
41-60 – Neutral about the tea, it can be helped or hurt by additives or blends, varied temperatures and steep times
61-70 – Decent tea, needs a little bit of help to get it in the place I like it, but definitely not out of reach
71-80 – Quality tea, liked it, will try again
81-90 – Really enjoyed the tea, high quality, will continue to drink the tea, not looking for something better
91-100 – Loved the tea, will continue to brew and drink and spread the word about the tea to everyone

NJ