Backlogging from yesterday.

Lots of tea this weekend. Including my final brew on this tea (and another to come) from Ricky. Brewed hot, 3 minutes, no additives. The aroma on this is black tea. It is not strong, it is a subtle smell, yet relaxing and familiar. This is what a good black tea should smell like. The taste is the same, gentle and familiar, exactly how a black tea should taste. The tea is smooth and delightfully plain, there is no astringency, there is a faint suggestion of vanilla flavor. This would be fantastic with milk and sugar, though it does not need it. Overall, this was very good.

As a final note, I drank a lot of tea this weekend, unfortunately about five of them are NOT already in the database of Steepster, and since I am uber busy and even more lazy, it will be a few more days before I can get them in. Sorry.

Glad you like it, cause this is definitely my least favorite out of Series #1

Cinoi

Really? Why is it your least favorite?

Darjeeling. Yack.

Yunnan Dragonwell Ceylon Nepal (Favorite to least favorite) I need to try series 2 and 3 eventually.

Cinoi

Oh, haha, I understand, if you don’t like it you don’t like it :) I bet the Yunnan is good, and the Dragonwell was decent, needed to oversteep it to get it where I like it though :)

Ricky

Did I forget to give you Yunnan!?!?!?

Cinoi

I would not say you forgot, but the next time we swap, and I have so many teavana teas, I would love some Yunnan. :)

Comments

Ricky

Glad you like it, cause this is definitely my least favorite out of Series #1

Cinoi

Really? Why is it your least favorite?

Darjeeling. Yack.

Ricky

Did I forget to give you Yunnan!?!?!?

Cinoi

I am a sarcastic perfectionist, a computer nerd, a game geek, an avid reader, a gadget guru, a wine (and tea) enthusiast, and (in my spare time) a chemist.

As I mentioned, I am a chemist, research and development to be exact, so when evaluating tea, it is much like evaluating my products: I will find the flaws and do my very best to fix them because it is what I love to do. Along those lines, nothing is perfect, but can have perfect qualities, I will highlight those also.

I made a preliminary guide to my rating scale:
0-19 – Did not like anything about the tea, feel it cannot be saved without being reformulated.
20-40 – Did not like the tea, it can be saved with extreme amounts of tweaking (i.e., sugar, milk, honey and or blending with another tea)
41-60 – Neutral about the tea, it can be helped or hurt by additives or blends, varied temperatures and steep times
61-70 – Decent tea, needs a little bit of help to get it in the place I like it, but definitely not out of reach
71-80 – Quality tea, liked it, will try again
81-90 – Really enjoyed the tea, high quality, will continue to drink the tea, not looking for something better
91-100 – Loved the tea, will continue to brew and drink and spread the word about the tea to everyone

NJ