drank Chocolate Puerh by Numi Organic Tea

So I’m in Florida on vaca and I have to say that I’m pretty sure security went through my checked bag like twice because of all the tea in there, haha. Honestly though, I brought a full box of these (start the day off right you know?) and I my hotel is right next to a mall. And in that mall? A Tavalon store!! So you might not here from me a lot, but I will have much to post when I get back :)

See you all soon Steepsterites!

Cofftea

I gotta try this in smart balance milk when I get more tonite. Have fun on vacation!

__Morgana__

Have fun!

Rabs

Have a wonderful time :)

LENA

awesome perk to your vacation!

S

I have a question, Chocolate Puerh fans….does this have a puerh-y taste? Like earth? Or fish? Or, erm, barnyard?

Cofftea

No, no, and, no… it does have a lot of depth and complexity though. I’m sure this is also in part due to the chocolate. I could give you a more accurate answer if this was just a chocolate flavored pu erh, but it’s got a bunch of other stuff which takes up space in the serving size which could be used for more chocolate and pu erh.

Meghann M

Have a great vacation, and enjoy the Tavalon store!

Lori

Shanti- it tastes like a spicy, chocolaty, – very good. Now I want this one when I get home..

S

It sounds amazing! My grocery store caries Numi, but never the Chocolate Puerh…cry

Cinoi

Thanks everyone – I will have fun!

Unfortunately what my brother told me was a Tavalon (he actually just kept saying yes to me after he brought me home a tin of Menage-A-Gummies is actually a Tea Largo…they CARRY Tavalon items. No worries though, I bought plenty to rate :)

@Shanti, please see my other ratings for exactly what this tastes like, it is spiced, not spicy, a little earthy in that it is not black tea, it is slightly rough and natural, not bold or strong, and it of course chocolatey. I highly suggest having it with some milk and oversteeping (sometimes I go as long as ten minutes) and you will get fantastic results. :)

TeaNerd

Where did you get: Chocolate Puerh by Numi Organic Tea? Enjoy vacation.

Cofftea

Cinoi, 10 MIN?! What’s the milk/water ratio?

TeaNerd: Not sure where Cinoi got her’s, but it can be found on their website.

Cinoi

@teanerd I get it at wholefoods. I haven’t found another grocery store that carries it, but as cofftea said, you can get it at numi organics website. And thank you!

Cofftea, it depends on how I’m feeling. I usually do ten ounces hot water to one tea bag. I like to infuse that 7-10 mins. If I’m making it in my 22oz pot, I will fill it with hot water and use two tea bags and infuse 5-7 minutes for normal 7-10 minutes for strong. Milk is always to taste, never more than an ounce. Usually a splash which is hard to define.

Cofftea

Oh ok. I don’t think that’ll work for me. I always steep mine in 6oz of water so 5min is comparable I guess. And I’ve never been a “splash of milk” type person. It took me forever to not think that even a 1:1 ratio wasn’t watery lol.

TeaNerd

Ohhh. Its boxed bags. OK, thanks…I’ll look for it at the grocery next time. I sure dig the Puerhs.

Cofftea

TeaNerd- they have both loose and bagged online. The bagged is quite impressive though.

Comments

Cofftea

__Morgana__

Have fun!

Rabs

Have a wonderful time :)

LENA

awesome perk to your vacation!

Meghann M

Have a great vacation, and enjoy the Tavalon store!

Lori

Cinoi

Thanks everyone – I will have fun!

TeaNerd

Where did you get: Chocolate Puerh by Numi Organic Tea? Enjoy vacation.

Cofftea

Cinoi, 10 MIN?! What’s the milk/water ratio?

TeaNerd: Not sure where Cinoi got her’s, but it can be found on their website.

Cofftea

I am a sarcastic perfectionist, a computer nerd, a game geek, an avid reader, a gadget guru, a wine (and tea) enthusiast, and (in my spare time) a chemist.

As I mentioned, I am a chemist, research and development to be exact, so when evaluating tea, it is much like evaluating my products: I will find the flaws and do my very best to fix them because it is what I love to do. Along those lines, nothing is perfect, but can have perfect qualities, I will highlight those also.

I made a preliminary guide to my rating scale:
0-19 – Did not like anything about the tea, feel it cannot be saved without being reformulated.
20-40 – Did not like the tea, it can be saved with extreme amounts of tweaking (i.e., sugar, milk, honey and or blending with another tea)
41-60 – Neutral about the tea, it can be helped or hurt by additives or blends, varied temperatures and steep times
61-70 – Decent tea, needs a little bit of help to get it in the place I like it, but definitely not out of reach
71-80 – Quality tea, liked it, will try again
81-90 – Really enjoyed the tea, high quality, will continue to drink the tea, not looking for something better
91-100 – Loved the tea, will continue to brew and drink and spread the word about the tea to everyone

NJ