drank Hot Buttered Banana Bread by 52teas

Let me start by saying, I LOVE Banana Bread. Especially hot and buttered Banana Bread, and since I have high expectations of 52Teas, I was extremely excited to make this. As soon as I received it, I had to tear the package open so that I could indulge, the aroma of the dried leaves is heavily banana and a slight baked/sweet smell that you would expect from banana bread. Very exciting.

Made this yesterday, hot, three minutes, no additives.

The main flavor is a slightly toasty/baked black tea. Then there is a sweetness with the banana flavor, not artificial at all, natural sweetness and just a touch of it to not overwhelm the tea itself. There is a hint of nuttiness and followed up by creaminess from butter.

I think this would be fantastic with milk/half and half or whatever you fancy. Will definitely have to give it a try.

I am a sarcastic perfectionist, a computer nerd, a game geek, an avid reader, a gadget guru, a wine (and tea) enthusiast, and (in my spare time) a chemist.

As I mentioned, I am a chemist, research and development to be exact, so when evaluating tea, it is much like evaluating my products: I will find the flaws and do my very best to fix them because it is what I love to do. Along those lines, nothing is perfect, but can have perfect qualities, I will highlight those also.

I made a preliminary guide to my rating scale:
0-19 – Did not like anything about the tea, feel it cannot be saved without being reformulated.
20-40 – Did not like the tea, it can be saved with extreme amounts of tweaking (i.e., sugar, milk, honey and or blending with another tea)
41-60 – Neutral about the tea, it can be helped or hurt by additives or blends, varied temperatures and steep times
61-70 – Decent tea, needs a little bit of help to get it in the place I like it, but definitely not out of reach
71-80 – Quality tea, liked it, will try again
81-90 – Really enjoyed the tea, high quality, will continue to drink the tea, not looking for something better
91-100 – Loved the tea, will continue to brew and drink and spread the word about the tea to everyone

NJ