In an effort to start clearing cabinet space, I tried this tea again today. I had read to try this iced; while I’m not usually a fan of iced tea, it has been unusually warm for January here and I figured icing this blend couldn’t hurt.

My first cup of this way back when I got it (I had forgotten about Steepster – sorry! I blame grad school) was not so good. The Earl Grey Bravo overpowered everything. I’m picky about the Earl Greys I will drink and most are too strong on the bergamot, but being a Whovian I had to try this blend. So, onto today’s adventure.

Not remembering that it has Earl Grey Bravo in it, and knowing I was going to ice it to see if that made me like it any better, I did what I usually do when icing tea and used twice as much tea as I normally would for a cup of hot. If I make this in the future, I need to remember to only use half as much, and cut the steep time by a minute or so, down to only 3.

Results:
The astringency of the tea was way too strong after sweetening (unbleached sugar) and pouring over ice. But the vanilla flavor was finally observable!

When I returned from running errands, I added more ice to remaining brew. The Earl Grey flavor came out after this round of ice and is very strong – almost too strong for me.

This will probably be a tea that is only pulled out for certain guests that like a super strong Earl Grey flavor, or lugged to certain events with other Whovians for the novelty.