reviewed ingenuiTEA by Adagio Teas

I got an Amazon gift card for my birthday and decided to use it to pick up one of these. I have a similar one from Teavana, but for some reason, I had to have this one too.

Pros:
• It is super easy – throw a scoop of tea in, add correct temp water, wait for tea to brew, set over cup to drain, remove, and drink. Depending on the type of tea, this gadget can then be stashed in the ‘fridge for a re-steep, or the leaves can be swished into the sink/bin/garden/compost bin.
• I have yet to encounter a tea that has particles small and fine enough to slip through the strainer into the cup.
• It is far easier to clean out bits of tea from this than from a tea ball.
• I don’t care that this is plastic. That means I can take it with me without worry on trips, picnics, and work.
• This thing will hold 16oz of liquid. I can brew up an entire travel cup of tea in one go, set this on top of the travel tumbler and not worry about spilling or even having to stand there and hold anything!

Cons:
• I have a few cups (a Tervis mug, some other ceramic/stoneware mugs) that this will not fit comfortably over the top of. I have to balance one side on the edge of the mug to engage the lift mechanism in the gadget.
• It holds 16oz of liquid. If I want to use a smaller (normal) sized cup that isn’t see-through, I have to constantly pick up this thing and check the level of the liquid in the drinking vessel.
• Occasionally, if I haven’t let it drip completely out, I might have a small drip on the counter when I set it down.

Overall, I really like it and find myself grabbing it from the cabinet more often than the Teavana one. The only actual drawback for me is that it doesn’t fit over certain mugs I have.