drank Iced Passion Tea by Tazo

With temperatures hitting the triple digits suddenly, a regular cuppa tea is just unbearable and I’m not overly fond of american-southern-style iced tea, so I gave this a shot.
Surprisingly, it isn’t bad. Slightly fruity.

One bag from the box I bought makes an entire 2 quart pitcher worth; though I disagree with their directions to brew in the pitcher itself! I brewed it in my brown betty teapot and then transferred the liquid to a pitcher, which I then left to cool a bit, then added some ice to the vessel and finally popped in the refrigerator.

The liquid that forms is an intense red, almost the color of bottled cranberry juice, with a similar yet sweeter scent and flavor.

By itself, this tea can taste tart and bitter, but with some simple syrup, the subtle sweet flavors come out, almost like when the strawberry and caramel syrups get mixed in the same bite of vanilla ice cream in a banana split — though only almost. The taste the follows the last swallow is very addicting; it is smooth, almost vanilla-y, and makes putting up with the first tart burst worth it.

I also tried it, ala Starbucks summer marketing, with some lemonade shaken into the sweetened tea. Perhaps because I threw in only the amount of lemonade mix that would make what was called for had I made lemonade as a separate beverage and mixed the two, but the lemonade seemed to make the tartness more pronounced and obliterated the lovely aftertaste.

I’m still drinking this though, as it makes the horrendous 105°F and climbing days bearable. And unless my palate drastically changes, I’ll probably pick it up again next year.