The cleanest cup of tea (in my opinion). According to Red Blossom, you should pour some hot water over the leaves to “wash” them and throw away the liquid. I usually just brew an initial cup at 180 degrees (which is a light, but definitely nice cup) and then keep brewing subsequent cups using a basket or strainer (as well as adding a bit more leaves).

Sometimes while I’m working, I’ll forget about the brewing cup, and this tea holds up well past the recommended 2 mins to 4-5 mins even longer. I’ve had cups that brewed at 10 minutes and the result is a rich golden, but still very clean and tasty cup.

I like Silver Needle Reserve as my primary tea, and prefer it over green tea. It’s too bad the price for it has tripled in price (it’s been a bad year for food crops) but the leaves go a long way. I have yet to try the regular Silver Needle…

Artist Clifford Landon Pun was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area. He imbibes obscene amounts of tea and coffee, and is currently exploring the possibilities of the ascetic–aesthetic as demonstrated by the recent popularity of Deconstructive architecture.

Los Angeles, California