I’ve not been looking forward to tasting this one. The smell of the dry leaves was overpoweringly smoky… and the flavor, while far more mellow, is just too strong for me. I brewed just a single cup, which I rarely do, and have had to force myself to finish it. I don’t think I’ll use the rest of the tin, which is a bit of a shame.

LiberTEAS

I am sure that you’d be able to find someone on here who would be willing to trade you for a tea that is more to your liking, because there are quite a few fans of this tea here.

cody

Thanks. I planned on trying to swap some of my teas once I finally decide which ones are going.

Comments

LiberTEAS

cody

20-something. Semi-professional baker. Loves black teas and rooibos. Discovering new loves all the time.

I’m a habitually high-rater. Maybe I’m easily-impressed.

90-100 – A – I love these teas, and want to keep them in rotation.

80-89 – B – These teas are good, and I would never turn them down.

70-79 – C – These teas are sort of middle of the road. Drinkable, but would never be my first choice.

60-69 – D – I don’t like these teas, but they are palatable under certain conditions.

0-59 – E – Do. Not. Want.

Ann Arbor, MI