drank Golden Monkey by Adagio Teas

Trying to work my way through the mountain of samples I still have in my cupboard before I am “allowed” to buy more tea.

This one is interesting. I just don’t know what to make of the flavor… sometimes I like it, sometimes I just find it odd. I’ve already established that I don’t prefer Chinese black teas, but I can’t put my finger on why.

Sara

Do you think it might be the earthy quality most chinese black teas hold?

cody

Probably. Some of the Chinese blacks I see described as “earthy” are almost… musty(?) to me, whereas other times I do find a likable earthy flavor. I’m not sure what the distinction is.

Comments

Sara

Do you think it might be the earthy quality most chinese black teas hold?

cody

20-something. Semi-professional baker. Loves black teas and rooibos. Discovering new loves all the time.

I’m a habitually high-rater. Maybe I’m easily-impressed.

90-100 – A – I love these teas, and want to keep them in rotation.

80-89 – B – These teas are good, and I would never turn them down.

70-79 – C – These teas are sort of middle of the road. Drinkable, but would never be my first choice.

60-69 – D – I don’t like these teas, but they are palatable under certain conditions.

0-59 – E – Do. Not. Want.

Ann Arbor, MI