This is my first oolong, and I wasn’t sure what to expect. It’s very mellow. Soft and sweet. I’m getting just a bit of the fruity flavor, and the flavor of the tea is fairly delicate.

That being said, I don’t know that I paid as much attention as I should have to the steeping, as I was dealing with the fact that I just found out the doughnut I had been looking forward to eating had been… nibbled. Darn cat.

TeaEqualsBliss

Oolongs are FUN! :)

wombatgirl

Oolongs can be a hoot. Just wait til you get to the small rolled ones – you’ll put a teaspoon of leaf in and then come back to a cup full of leaves! I love how creamy they can get. This one may not have it, but others will.. a silky smooth feeling in your mouth. yum.

cody

Ok, now you guys have me excited. I got this a few others free with my 100pts at Adagio on a whim… Now I want to experiment with some good oolongs.

Comments

TeaEqualsBliss

Oolongs are FUN! :)

wombatgirl

cody

20-something. Semi-professional baker. Loves black teas and rooibos. Discovering new loves all the time.

I’m a habitually high-rater. Maybe I’m easily-impressed.

90-100 – A – I love these teas, and want to keep them in rotation.

80-89 – B – These teas are good, and I would never turn them down.

70-79 – C – These teas are sort of middle of the road. Drinkable, but would never be my first choice.

60-69 – D – I don’t like these teas, but they are palatable under certain conditions.

0-59 – E – Do. Not. Want.

Ann Arbor, MI